Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Dealer and the Ostrich

What do the ostrich and a car dealer have in common? I will elaborate on that more in a second. As a sales professional in the e-commerce business of automobile sales I find myself wondering why it’s so hard to get a dealer principal’s head out of the sand, and take notice of the potential that they can have if they just open their eyes. If I came to you and said, “If you give me $900 today, then by the end of the month I will give you $45,000 but you have to invest right this minute”. Mind you that I have in my hand documentable proof that what I am asking you is 100% guaranteed. Would you still say “No I don’t think it is a good idea, because I have no clue about the field you are talking about”? Well as an Internet Director I have found myself in this conundrum numerous times in the past at different dealerships I was at. It still boggles my mind that dealers in this day in age are still stuck in the stone ages of put it the paper, T.V., or radio and they’ll come. Well all you Dealers out there read this next sentence very carefully! Your customer is not where you think they are! With today’s ease of information out there in cyberspace a customer knows more than you and your sales consultants put together. I love it when I see an internet customer come into the dealership and they are taking the sales person for a ride. They ask questions they already know the answer too, and they probably know your inventory a little better as well. Get off the bench and get into the game people! As the sun rises and sets the customer gets smarter and smarter. So ask your self two questions. Are you going to be one of the casualties of the evolution of the car business and die off one by one like the dinosaurs of the past? And are you ready to get your head out of the sand like the scared ostrich and OPEN your eyes to the NEW world of the car business?

Stay tuned for more to come on how to get off the bench and be an MVP in the new game we play!


Thanks for reading and I welcome your feed back.

1 comment:

  1. wow I am so motivated by you. You keep me on the edge of my seat. I wish I had someone in my family that was so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete